Work From Home For Apple as an At Home Advisor
The company Apple needs no introduction here. They are a global giant in the world of cutting edge technology, and they need you to help deliver support to their millions of customers as an Apple Care At Home Advisor. Apple does not require you to be a technological genius for this position. If you are the least bit familiar with Apple products and have at least 1 year of customer service experience this is the job for you. Most people are familiar with Apple’s MacBooks, iPads, and iPhones. Personally, I am team Android all day, hold your judgement, only God can judge me. However, one of my sons has an iPhone, so I am somewhat familiar with the basics. The basics is pretty much all you need to apply for this position. While I have not personally tried this particular work from home job yet, I have done quite a bit of research for you.
What Does An Apple Care At Home Advisor Do?
- Work from home for Apple answering questions about their products and services
- Often the first line of support when a customer needs help
- Helps customers resolve problems with their devices and service
- Enriches the customer’s experience with Apple
Requirements to Work From Home for Apple as an At Home Advisor
- At least 1-2 years of experience in customer service or support.
- General knowledge of Apple’s products preferred
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, and pre-employment assessment.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Dedicated “office” space (this could be a setup in your bedroom that includes a desk, an ergonomic chair, and your own high-speed Internet connection from a reliable provider) (Apple will provide you with an iMac and headset and reimburse you for a portion of your internet service costs)
- Successful completion of training
Training for this position is 5-7 weeks, and will be completed online. The training will be virtual, and done via live instruction. Training will cover the following areas: Apple product lessons, advanced troubleshooting, and job-specific tools and processes. You will also learn Apple’s unique approach to customer support.
Can You Make Your Own Schedule?
To work from home for Apple, flexibility in your schedule is going to be a must. Because shift priority is given to advisors based on their performance, starting out you need to have flexibility in your schedule to work shifts between 7:00 am and 11:30 pm central time. However, I’ve heard that they have shifts 24/7, around the clock. From researching and reading reviews of previous advisors, newbies do not get much shift preference. So, be prepared. Also, holidays are their busiest times for support, for obvious reasons, so you will most likely be expected to work some holidays.
Would I Be An Apple Employee or Contractor?
If you were to work from home for Apple as an At Home Advisor, you would be employed directly through Apple. This is a big deal because many work from home jobs hire you as a contractor. Being hired as an Apple employee means that you are given a company benefits package which includes paid time off, product discounts, and more.
How Much Do Apple At Home Advisors Make?
Yes, I know this is always what you really want to know first, right? Since Apple At Home Advisors are required to sign a non disclosure agreement, you will not see much online as to what the pay rate is for this position. However, doing some research I was able to gather that on average advisors make anywhere from $15-$18/hr depending on your level of experience. Not to mention the discounts on their products, which if you’re an Apple product junkie, this is a major bonus.
How Do You Apply?
You can apply for the At Home Advisor position here on the Apple site. If you meet their qualifications you will receive an email and invitation for a phone interview. Do well on the phone interview? You may receive a FaceTime or Skype invitation for a second interview. If you pass their interview process, you move on to the background check, and the hiring process begins. The entire hiring process, from the info that I have gathered, takes several weeks before training even begins. Currently, Apple is actively seeking college students from several different universities to hire for this position. However, it has been open to anyone in the past, so don’t worry, if you’re not a college student or do not attend one of the specific universities listed, keep checking the site regularly.
- 100% work from home job
- Hired as an Apple employee, not a contractor
- Benefits package, including paid time off and product discounts
- Great pay
- Highly reputable company
- Reimbursement for a portion of your internet costs
- Provides an iMac and headset for you
- Working on major holidays
- Not much control over your schedule
- Late night work hours possible
Looking for more work from home opportunities, side gigs, and ways to save? Subscribe for weekly work from home opportunities and free resources. Tried any of the jobs on this site? Give me your feedback, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I’ll feature your review on this site. Good Luck!
“I’m Here For All The Coins”