Work From Home for The Chat Shop as a Chat Agent
If you’re human in the 21st century, you have certainly engaged in a chat conversation with a retailer. Usually it’s because you have a concern or question about an order you have recently placed, or thinking about placing. Have you ever wondered whose on the other side of the chat answering your questions? Have you ever thought that you could do that job? Well here’s your opportunity. The Chat Shop is hiring chat agents to act as sales and customer service representatives. Here’s all the deets on how to Work From Home for The Chat Shop as a Chat Agent!
Who Can Apply to Work From Home for The Chat Shop as a Chat Agent?
- Must be a fluent or native English speaker
- Have a passion for sales and customer service
- Have the ability to multi-task, be able to participate in up to 3 chats at a time, while maintaining a response time of 30 seconds.
- Must maintain a typing speed of 65 WPM
- Currently you must live in one of these states: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia
Can you make your own schedule when you Work From Home for The Chat Shop as a Chat Agent?
No. You will be provided with a set schedule every month when you work from home for The Chat Shop as a Chat Agent. You must have the availability to work 20-40 hours a week, including weekends.
What are the technical requirements to Work From Home for The Chat Shop as a Chat Agent?
When you work from home for The Chat Shop as a chat agent, you are required to have a distraction free work place in your home. You will also be required to have two monitor screens.
How much will you get paid to Work From Home for The Chat Shop as a Chat Agent?
Currently you will get paid $9.50 per hour to work from home for The Chat Shop. Pay is distributed once a month, and since you will be hired as a 1099 employee/ contractor, you will be responsible for your own tax withholding.
My personal review of The Chat Shop Chat Agent
While I have not done this job myself, I have read several reviews from previous employees. From my research, the upside is that you get to work from the comfort of your home, in your pj’s if you like, and the hours are pretty consistent. The downside is that as a contractor you do not get any benefits, and taking days off or getting adjustments to your schedule can be very hard.
- Work from home
- All communication is through chat, no phone work required
- Average pay of $9.50/ hr
- Consistent hours, 20-40 hours per week
- Hired as a contractor, no benefits
- Not much flexibility in your schedule, may be hard to take days off
- Paid once per month
How do you apply to Work From Home for The Chat Shop as a Chat Agent?
This requires THREE steps:
- First visit The Chat Shop’s blog here to read all about what they do to see if you would be a good fit.
- After that, click here to go to their typing test. You must have a typing speed of 65 WPM to qualify. If you hit the mark, make sure you take a screenshot of your results!
- Then, click here to submit your resume on indeed!
Looking for more work home opportunities, like sending medication reminders for $18/hr or side gigs, and ways to save? Subscribe for weekly work from home opportunities and free resources. Tried any of the jobs on this site? Give me your feedback, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I’ll feature your review on this site. Good Luck!
For All The Coins