Work From Home Sending Medication Reminders
I know it probably sounds too good to be true. Work from home, reminding people to take their meds? Too easy. How many of us do this on a daily basis, for the ones we love, for free? A company called Pleio will actually pay you to work from home and be that concerned loved one for someone else. Pleio’s a company dedicated to providing a support system for patients and their families, through their work from home agents. GoodStart is an initiative by Pleio to increase adherence to medication instructions by patients, during their first 100 days on a new prescription. Medication non-adherence causes 125,000 deaths each year according to their site. As a GoodStart Mentor you could be saving a life.
What Exactly Does a GoodStart Mentor Do?
- Provide patients with encouragement.
- Call patients to give medication reminders.
- Provide peer support.
- Work from home
Who Can Be a GoodStart Mentor?
- Must Be 18 years or older
- U.S. Citizen
- Cannot be a resident of OH, ND, WA (Washington State), or WY
- Cannot be a licensed or registered doctor (MD or DO), nurse (NP, RN, or LPN), pharmacist (RPh), or pharmacy technician.
Can You Make Your Own Schedule?
Yes. As a GoodStart Mentor you get to make your own schedule and work from home. Outbound calling times are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m, and Saturdays 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Calling times are based on the time zone of the patient. Take note that there may not be calls available during certain times, or the volume of calls available may vary based upon the times you choose to work. Each campaign runs approximately 8-12 weeks. However, you may find another campaign to work after the one you’re working on ends.
How Much Does a GoodStart Mentor Make?
I’m sure this is what you really want to know, right? Pleio does not openly post their pay rates online, however, from doing my research, mentors on Glassdoor reported making anywhere from $10/hr to $18/hr or more in some cases. Let me be clear that you are not paid based on an hourly rate. These figures come from mentors taking the amount that they earned and dividing it by the hours they worked. As a GoodStart Mentor you are compensated based on the number of completed calls you make. From the information I could gather, pay is once a month.
What Training is Required?
Training to become a GoodStart Mentor is completed through GoodStartU, their own online learning platform. The training can be completed at your own pace, but must be completed before you can start. On average it takes 10-15 hours to fully complete the training. There is no compensation for the training period, however, there are bonuses available to you once you start and meet a certain number of calling hours and metrics. The training is completely free, the only fee that you will incur is a $45 non-refundable background check fee.
What Are the Technical Requirements?
- No wireless connections, dial-up modems, WiFi, cellular hotspots, or satellite connections are accepted. Computer must be connected to internet via a wall jack.
- Laptop or desktop computer running Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (Macs, Netbooks, Tablets, and Smart Phones are not supported).
- Land-line, a featureless corded telephone (no wireless / cordless phones) OR use Pleio’s secured VoIP (voice over internet protocol) platform.
- Digital telephone from AT&T U-verse, Cox Communications, Verizon FIOS, and Comcast Digital Voice are okay.
- No cellular phones, Skype or wireless phones of any kind may be used to make calls. Magic Jack & Vonage are not allowed.
Do not let the tech stuff scare you off. I mean really, who has anything but Wi-Fi? Just contact your internet provider to see what options are available to you to meet the requirements. These requirements are not uncommon for work from home jobs that require inbound or outbound calling.
How Do You Apply to be a GoodStart Mentor?
Like helping people, have a good phone voice, and don’t mind following a script? Then this may be a great fit for you. Apply to be a GoodStart Mentor here on Pleio’s site. On this page you will find a video giving you more information about the program and what it means to be a GoodStart Mentor. At the bottom you will see a button that says “Before You Apply” to double check that you meet the qualifications. Once you verify that you meet or can meet the requirements they have for you, proceed to the button that says “Apply Today” and you will be taken to an assessment.
Reviews from current and former mentors. 80% positive rating.
- Average pay rumored to be $10-$18/hr
- 100% real work from home job
- Make your own schedule
- Making a difference in a patient’s life
- Free training, completed at your own pace
- 80% positive reviews from former mentors
- Bonuses for meeting certain criteria
- Call volume is not guaranteed
- No compensation for training time
- Pay is once a month
- Non-refundable fee for background check
- Strictly follow a script (this could be a pro depending on your preference)
- Each campaign is temporary, 8-12 weeks
Looking for more work from home opportunities, side gigs, and ways to save? Subscribe for weekly work from home opportunities and free resources. Tried any of the jobs on this site? Give me your feedback, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I’ll feature your review on this site. Good Luck!
“I’m Here For All The Coins”